I'm sorry.... Did you say, Underwear???

You might think that being a week early to my dentist appointment was the low point of my week.  You would be very very wrong.

Once I left the dentist last Monday, I put on the newest episode of Sword & Scale (another post for another time... but I'm re-obsessed with it!) and sped down the Turnpike to daycare pickup.

Colin is in a new classroom and while we know the teachers and they are all wonderful, they're still his teachers and not people I tend to share my most intimate secrets with.  So imagine my surprise when Miss Kelsey saw me walk into the school that same afternoon and hustled towards me with some very interesting news....

(this is all taking place in the matter of 30 seconds or less.. keep that in mind).   

"Gosh!" I thought, either Colin had an awesome day, or I'm in for a talking too...
 The pit in my stomach grew.  It's usually the latter. *sigh*
When I reached the doorway she grabbed my shoulders and had a HUGE grin on her face.
Then she says the words that I will NEVER live down.
"Your underwear was in Colin's nap bag!"

I died.

See, remember yesterday when I was talking about the mental load that us women have to carry??  Well, just the night before when Brian was folding some laundry, Colin's nap stuff included, I said to myself, he can handle this, just tell him to check for static cling socks!  

Not my ACTUAL underwear...
but enough people have
 seen those this week!
I didn't double check, I didn't tell him twice, I just hollered "Make sure my underwear isn't stuck to his sheets!!!"  and laughed (hahahaha) and I checked that stupid little check box off in my head and went on with my night.  

And now, as the words are coming out of Kelsey's mouth (in slow motion) "YOOOUUUUURRRR UUUNNNDDEEERRRWWEEEAARRR WASSSSSS IIIINNN CCCOOOOLLLLIIIINNNSSS NNNNAAAAPPPP BAAAAAGGGGGGG"  I'm replaying that checkbox moment the night before... and I am reminding myself, I MUST ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK. 

Honestly -- Brian was shunned for a day, but it it wasn't that big of a deal.  They were a totally normal pair... THANK GOD! And the teacher was (and is) super cool, so I just kind of let it roll off my shoulders.  I just grabbed my child, his nap bag, and RAN out of that room as fast as I could though!!!

When we got home, I switched all his stuff over to a new bag, and sent him on his way for the next day.

EXCEPT when I went to pick him up on Tuesday and asked jokingly "Anymore FUN surprises today?" (you know, because I'm a cool, hip Mom, and having my underwear flaunted around a daycare center is like No Big Deal)  She just looked at me, dead in the eyes and said, "Yup, another pair today ... and a sock!"


I think it's time to move.... 
Me.... after the SECOND pair of my
underwear made it into Daycare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom