But When Can I Fit in OITNB?

The first few days of summer are in the books....

The kids have been so happy with our summer adventures that they are currently on a 7 day no-nap streak.  So even though I've enjoyed it all along with them, there are some things I have learned by spending 7am-730pm with my beautiful, busy children:

1.  Fighting screen time is a worthwhile battle, but an uphill one.

2.  Speaking of rules, many have to be broken in the summer.  I know I'll pay later, but it feels good to just let go.

3.  Working full-time affords more breaks - I've been missing my 45 minute lunch (time to go to the bathroom, eat and chat, a luxury).

Image result for orange is the new black4.  Things go pretty smoothly until 4pm, at that point I better have a plan or be prepared to guard the kitchen cabinets for raiders.  It's nice to have tissues to catch the many, many fake tears that are headed my way.

5.  How can I be expected to watch Orange is the New Black if I can't start until 10pm?  Still stuck on episode 5 and I've been watching for at least 5 days!!! There's no way I'll let this show run into Game of Thrones.


How has your summer survival experience been?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom