A Case for Dads

This site has a lot to do with mommy-ing, but we are not too proud to mention that we couldn't do it on our own.  It takes a village, sure, but it also often takes a good dad.  So today, on this utmost important day we'd like to recognize how good we have it (most days).  


We know what a good Dad is, because we had two. The bar started high - but watch our guys reach it.

For instance, even though today was "his day" I disassembled the car seats on a whim.  I saw crumbs I couldn't get to and it was making me crazy.  I meant to start with just taking the covers off, but it lead to taking one seat out and apart, and then naturally the other.  

The positives:  My car is really clean and the kids will no longer stand up and have sprinkles and cracker crumbs stuck to their bums.

The negatives:  It took my husband over an hour (in the dark) putting them back together.  I heard a lot of aggressive mumbling, but none was ever directly pointed at me.  He walked back in with a scowl, but when I asked if he wanted to kill me, he said, "of course not."

I can take things apart, but I can never put them back together.  Thing is I need him and life is a lot better when he's here - I know because he golfed for 6 hours today and it's a lot more fun when he's home.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom